Effective Use of PE and Sports Premium at Woden Primary School 2017-18
(Numbers provided by Summer 2017 Census- £16000 plus £10 per pupil Y1-6
355 pupils x £10= £3,550 + £16,000= £19,550)
“Every child will enjoy increased participation in sporting activities and develop a healthier lifestyle”
Woden Primary School will use its Sports Premium Grant to improve PE and Sports participation across the school and will promote a healthy lifestyle for all children.
Woden will offer an increasing number of children the opportunity to compete for our school in a rising number of Sporting events and improve the opportunity to develop the excellence of talented pupils. To this end, we now have discrete responsibility for sport separate to PE.
The two main aspects that we will develop are:
Improving the quality of teaching and learning in PE and other relevant subject areas.
- The school will use the Sports Premium Grant to raise the standard of teaching and learning, by upskilling teachers in PE through a Sport & Education Package from Wolves Community Sports which will underpin progression and continuity in children’s sporting skills
Increasing participation in sporting activities and high quality PE lessons for all
- Increasing participation in sporting activities and local competition and encourage excellence in a wider range of sports. Increasing the opportunities to take part in inter-school competition will also raise levels of motivation and enthusiasm. The Sports Funding will fund the costs of participation in competitions, but more importantly the ever increasing costs of transport to different venues.
- This will be extended to offer additional after school clubs to develop self-control and discipline.
Details of Grant 2017/18- Current Allocation- £9,775
Nature of Support
- 2 afternoons a week of teacher CPD (39 weeks x£110 per afternoon) £8580
- Support costs of additional transport to allow additional participation in sporting activity or new events. Estimated costs £2000
- External After school clubs part of school Sport & Education Package
Observations of impact and outcomes at this point and access to funding by numbers of children- over 100 representing Woden at different Wolverhampton and local events.
School competed in the following events:
- Boys and Girls football- 11 and 4 a side competition
- Tag Rugby
- Multi Skills
- Wolves Football Tournaments
Swimming and Water Safety Data 2017
% of children
|What percentage of your Year 6 pupils could swim competently, confidently and proficiently over a distance of at least 25 metres when they left your primary school at the end of last academic year?||33%|
|What percentage of your Year 6 pupils could use a range of strokes effectively [for example, front crawl, backstroke and breaststroke] when they left your primary school at the end of last academic year?||33%|
|What percentage of your Year 6 pupils could perform safe self-rescue in different water-based situations when they left your primary school at the end of last academic year?||33%|
|Schools can choose to use the primary PE and sport premium to provide additional provision for swimming but this must be for activity over and above the national curriculum requirements. Have you used it in this way?||No|
Impact of PE and Sports Premium -£9,750 2016-17
- Quality PE was provided for all pupils from Reception to Year 6 by Wolves Community Trust Coaches for PE and coaching.
- All children had access to an increasing range of Sporting After School Clubs- eg Boxing, Gymnastics, dance etc
- Increased participation, motivation and enthusiasm in sporting activities.
- Children and parents becoming more aware of healthy lifestyles
If you would like more information on Pupil Premium and or Sports Grant then you can go to the Department for Education website.