Effective Use of PE and Sports Premium at Woden Primary School 2016-17
(Numbers provided by Summer 2016 Census- £8000 plus £5 per pupil Y1-6
350 pupils x £5= £9750)
“Every child will enjoy increased participation in sporting activities and develop a healthier lifestyle”
Woden Primary School will use its Sports Premium Grant to improve PE and Sports participation across the school and will promote a healthy lifestyle for all children.
Woden will offer an increasing number of children the opportunity to compete for our school in an increasing number of Sporting events and improve the opportunity to develop the excellence of talented pupils. To this end, we now have discrete responsibility for sport separate to PE.
The two main aspects that we will develop are:
Improving the quality of teaching and learning in PE and other relevant subject areas.
- The school will use the Sports Premium Grant to raise the standard of teaching and learning in PE through input from specialist PE coaches- Wolves Community Sports and will underpin progression and continuity in children’s sporting skills
Increasing participation in sporting activities and high quality PE lessons for all
- Increasing participation in sporting activities and local competition and encourage excellence in a wider range of sports. Increasing the opportunities to take part in inter-school competition will also raise levels of motivation and enthusiasm. The Sports Funding will fund the costs of participation in competitions, but more importantly the ever increasing costs of transport to different venues.
- This will be extended to offer additional after school clubs to develop self- control and discipline.
Details of Grant 2016/17- Current Allocation- £9750
Nature of Support
- Sports Coaches- 2 coaches for 2 After school Clubs in readiness for teams 25 weeks x £150 = £2500.
- Costs of additional transport to allow additional participation in sporting activity or new events. Estimated costs £2000
- External After school clubs- eg. Boxing x 25 weeks per year Estimated Costs £100 x 25 weeks = £2500
Observations of impact and outcomes at this point and access to funding by numbers of children- over 100 representing Woden at different Wolverhampton and local events.
School competed in the following events:
- Boys and Girls football- 11 and 4 a side competition
- Tag Rugby
- Multi Skills
- Wolves Football Tournaments
Impact of PE and Sports Premium -£9,585 2015-16
- Quality PE was provided for all pupils from Reception to Year 6 by Wolves Community Trust Coaches for PE and coaching.
- All children had access to an increasing range of Sporting After School Clubs- eg Boxing, Gymnastics, dance etc
- Increased participation, motivation and enthusiasm in sporting activities.
- Children and parents becoming more aware of healthy lifestyles
If you would like more information on Pupil Premium and or Sports Grant then you can go to the Department for Education website.